age ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Week 18

Spent a few days home from work last week. It was nice. I wish I could stay home all the time, it's nice not dealing with the vendors on a daily basis.

So I met a different Doctor in my clinic this week. He was very friendly, and since he is one of the on call Dr's at the hospital, it's good to meet him and see someone else who could potentially be delivering the baby.
Additionally I have lost some weight, so am back to pre-pregancy weight. I'm not sure how that is even physically possible, but I'm pretty sure their scale doesn't lie.

The other news is that he had a different take on the aches and pains I've been having. Turns out, alot of times when you have your appendix out, it leaves internal scar tissue at the removal point (I should have written down what he said, because it sounds more scientific then what I'm saying). Anyways, as the stomach grows, that internal scarring tears and rebuilds itself to grow with the stomach. Soooo what that means, the larger my stomach gets, the more the scar tissue will tear itself. So hope for a slow stomach growth for the 2nd half of the pregancy to reduce the issues I've been having. Other than that, he said there is nothing they can do other that be my personal cheerleader to solve the pain problems. I like cheerleaders :)

And we are off to Ikea this weekend to buy baby furniture. Granted the furniture has no place to go yet and will just remain in it's box for a while in our house, it's something we can check off the To Do List

No comments:

Post a Comment